2019 – the year that was Genesis
Posted: 25/11/2019 Written by: Rose Ling
Look back at our year through each month to see what the agency has been up to.
We’ve had another action-packed year focused on delivering for our clients but, at the same time, notched up a few highlights and successes ourselves…
- January – we became a corporate member of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations, CIPR.
- February – we were listed as one of the region’s Future 50 companies – the ‘ones to watch’, a scheme that recognises Norfolk and Suffolk’s most innovative companies.
- March – three more members of the team achieved CIPR Accredited Professional status by completing two years of continuous professional development.
- April – we promoted five of our team, reflecting their skills, experience and commitment and launched our new website.
- May – we celebrated 15 years in business with a party in the fabulous setting of the Royal Harwich Yacht Club on the River Orwell.
- June – We were a finalist for no less than two national CIPR Excellence Awards for Best Public Affairs campaign and for Outstanding Small PR Consultancy.
- July – Genesis became listed in the PR Week magazine’s Top 10 rankings for our work with the public sector.
- August – we achieved our £100,000 fundraising target for Families In Need, the food bank charity we have supported for the last three years, enabling them to move to a bigger base.
- September – we won the top regional PR award, ‘Outstanding PR Consultancy’ for the second consecutive year at the Anglia, Thames and Chiltern PRide Awards organised by the CIPR.
- October – we welcomed a new director to our team, Louise Ahuja from London PR agency Lansons, to add weight to our strategic and national PR consultancy offer as well as new breadth to our sector specialisms with a focus on professional and financial services and fintech.
- November – we achieved the highest national quality accreditation with the PR Consultants Association, PRCA. Called the Communications Management Standard (CMS), it combines elements of ISO9001 and ‘Investors in People’ and is awarded to agencies who have undergone a rigorous assessment of their internal policies and procedures.
- December – we completed another year sponsoring the Ipswich & Suffolk Business Club, helping run seven well-attended events and managing their social media, website, PR and filming.