Junior Web Designer/Developer
We are looking for a junior web designer and developer with experience in frontend languages and an aptitude for design to join our growing digital team at PLMR | Genesis. The successful candidate will be responsible for our in-house web development services and delivering projects from start of finish under the guidance of our Head of Digital. This will include designing, building, deploying and maintaining client websites as well as managing hosting and DNS records.
Reporting to PLMR | Genesis’ Head of Digital, this role requires the candidate to demonstrate a strong understanding of HTML and CSS and have experience using WordPress or the ability to quickly learn this CMS – many of our client websites have been built and continue to use the WordPress CMS. An understanding of good UX and UI design is also essential and capability with web design/prototyping software such as Adobe XD or Figma is required.
As a junior web developer, the successful candidate will work seamlessly with other digital team members and those in our wider communications team to create and deliver tangible value to our clients. This includes clients within a wide range of sectors covering renewables, technology, manufacturing, education, health and social care and more.
- Take responsibility for creating, managing and delivering web projects under the guidance of our Head of Digital
- Scope out client briefs to work alongside the wider digital team to produce client proposals
- Map out and manage multiple production schedules
- Design high-quality website templates for desktop and mobile
- Translate designs into fully functioning WordPress websites using Elementor Pro (any custom theme experience is also highly beneficial)
- Deploy and manage websites via PLMR | Genesis’ web server
- Implement additional functionality on request in the WordPress theme file editor
Skills Required / Person Specification
- 1+ years of commercial experience either in-house, agency or freelance with a portfolio of example work
- Solid understanding of frontend technologies including HTML, CSS and Bootstrap
- Experience using Content Management Systems (preferably WordPress)
- A good eye for designing for desktop and mobile in Adobe XD/Figma
- Able to manage time effectively and autonomously, including balancing multiple production schedules
- Highly creative
- Commercially driven and good communication skills
- A basic knowledge of PHP for WordPress
- Domain and hosting management experience
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Understanding of on-page and technical SEO
- Experience in optimising UX and CRO for a range of websites
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
Why Choose PLMR | Genesis?
In October 2021 Genesis was acquired by PLMR, one of the UK’s most successful and fastest-growing communications agencies, to establish a leading presence in the East of England, with a comprehensive range of market-leading skills and services.
The acquisition has brought together Genesis’ many strengths with PLMR’s existing capabilities in the region and gives additional career development opportunities and benefits to our 21-strong team.
Due to new client wins and organic growth our close-knit digital marketing team is expanding. With a hybrid working approach, working from our new office in Ipswich and remote working, the team uses Microsoft Teams to seamlessly connect with clients and other team members, including PLMR’s wider teams in London and Midlands.
Impact – continually learn, evolve and grow, both individually and collectively, to deliver outstanding results
Influence – use our combined skills, knowledge and experience to shape thinking and empower change
Inspire – our clients, their audiences and each other
Holiday – 25 days plus bank holidays
Competitive Salary – Depending on experience
Bonus Scheme – Annual bonus linked to personal and company performance
Pension – 4% employer contribution
Learning & Development – Investment in training
Flexible Working – Hybrid working scheme
Private Healthcare – Full cover private health insurance
New Equipment – Company laptop provided
Gym Membership – Monthly payment towards a gym membership
Cycle to Work Scheme – Company bike loan repaid via salary sacrifice
How to apply?
Please email your CV and links to example work to firstname.lastname@example.org